Friday, June 27, 2008

i wish i could party.....like my parents!

so i'm at my parent's this weekend for a bridal shower honoring my future sister-in-law. i run to the store about 8:00 to get some supplies for said shower. i get home and it's close to 9 p.m. i find my mom, in the middle of putting on make-up, asking if i minded if they went down to "pearl's?" that is their hang-out...they are there all the time. never been but i can't wait to check it out and see the appeal. but never, in my life, did i think i'd see the day, when my mom and dad would decide to go out....AT 9:00 P.M. i mean, i don't even do that...even when i'm not pregnant. if i'm home past 7, you ain't getting me out unless the house is on fire...and even then it would have to be a pretty bad one. the only move i'm making is from the couch to the bed with an occassional stop to pee. where do they get the energy?? i'm 33 and feel 104 most days. by 9:00, i'm lucky to stay awake long enough to watch one of the million things i have recorded, much less, go out and drink. and get this....my dad had already been drinking...SINCE HAPPY HOUR! he took a break at dinner and refueled with some water. before my mom decided she wanted to go out, he was kicked back in the recliner, eyes looking really heavy. i was sure he was about to pass out. but all of a sudden, he got a second win and was up shaving, getting ready to tear it up. is this what happens after you get your kids raised?? do you get a sudden burst of energy at week's end that makes you want to go out and party like teenagers??

all i can say, is good for them. they did their time, paid their dues and they deserve it. i just wish i could bottle of up whatever they got and make myself stay up past 9:30.

1 comment:

The Gath Family said...

That's so great! Can you imagine?? If this happens, I'm so going to be in trouble, or should I say Mike will be in trouble....because mama likes to p-a-r-t-y!